1st Session - September 28, 2010:
1) Participants need to have the first assigned reading completed BEFORE the first session. Participants who choose to attend the face-to-face session will post their responses to the first set of questions during the session. Those who do not choose to attend the face-to-face session are expected to post their responses by midnight.
2) In addition, all participants are expected to comment on 2 other participants' responses within 48 hours of the first session.
2nd Session - October 19, 2010: (by blog)
By 11:59 p.m. on this date, participants must post their responses to the Session 2 questions. Participants must also post at least 2 comments that specifically address fellow participants responses.
3rd Session - November 9, 2010: (by blog)
By 11:59 p.m. on this date, participants must post their responses to the Session 3 questions. Participants must also post at least 2 comments that specifically address fellow participants responses.
4th Session - December 7, 2010: (face-to-face and by blog)
By the meeting date/time, all participants must post their responses to the Session 4 questions. Participants must also post at least 2 comments that specifically address fellow participants responses.
Instruction for the Blog:
- Click on "comments" below the post to which you want to respond.
- Type your comment in the box. If you write a lot, you can use the light gray bar to scroll up and down within the comment box.
- When you finish typing your comment, click on the little black arrow beside "Select profile…"
- Choose "Name/URL" which is near the bottom of your choices.
- In the box under "Name:" type in what you want to be known as in our book study. You can use your first name and last initial or last name and first initial – something that lets us know who you are. (For example, I'd probably call myself LBreedlove or LynetteB.) Leave the URL box blank and click on "Continue".
- You'll notice that whatever you typed in replaced "Select profile…"
- Now click on "Post Comment".
- Another box will pop up for a word verification. This step prevents spam from being posted by computers on blogs. Just the word, or combination of letters, that you are given in the box. Then click "Finish". If you didn't quite get the word/letter right, it will give you a different word.
- It might take a minute or two, but then your comment will be posted. You'll know your comment is posted because you'll get a notice saying it was, and the comment will appear on the page, just below the post.
- Hint: The blog page does not have spell check. In addition, there have been times when the blog page hicupped, losing the response typed in the comment box. To reduce frustration, protect your thoughts, and allow for spell check, we advise that you compose your response in Microsoft Word (or other word processing software) and then paste it into the comment box.